Welcome to The Official
GPSL 2008 Website!
The Great Plains Super Launch is the premier conference for near space explorers and enthusiasts dedicated to the education and study of aerospace science via Amateur Radio High Altitude Ballooning.
GPSL co-hosts Near Space Ventures & CAPnSPACE are not-for-profit Missouri Corporations dedicated to the advancement of Aerospace Education with an emphasis on low cost access to Near Space, using high altitude balloons and amateur radio to launch Simulated Satellite payloads (SimSats or nearsats) into Near Space, at or above 100,000 feet. They are the recipients of the Central Region 2006 Frank G. Brewer Award. This recognition is given to individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions, out of selfless devotion, to the advancement of youth in aerospace activities.
For information about being a sponsor for the 2008 Great Plains Super Launch please contact; Keith Kaiser
- Thursday, July 31 --
- 1:00pm. Static Displays
- 1:00pm. Workshops
- 8:30pm. Tour of Pillsbury Observatory
- Friday, August 01 --
- Conference Presentations
- 8:30am. Opening -- White Science Center
- 9:00am. Howard Brooks -- BASE 20 (PowerPoint)
- 9:45am. Robert Wagner -- Dark Skies Project
- 10:30am. Break
- 10:45am. Jeff Dailey -- 8 Balloon HALO Network (PowerPoint)
- 11:30am. Pam Carroll -- HAART (PowerPoint)
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00pm. Paul Verhage -- BalloonSats (PowerPoint)
- 1:45pm. Bill Brown -- Long Duration Fligh Techniques (PowerPoint)
- 2:30pm. Mike Morgan -- Helium Vs. Hydrogen (PowerPoint)
- 3:15pm. Break
- 3:30pm. Robert Rochte -- TBA
- 4:30pm. Pre-flight briefing
- Your time.... enjoy!
- Saturday, August 02 --
- 7:30am. GPSL Balloon Flight
- TBA Post-flight debriefing
- Victory Dinner Uno Restaurant, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 03 --
- Weather Day Launch
Order Team T-Shirts
Click images to enlarge
Go to Zazzle to place your order.
Group Color Choices
- Near Space Ventures -- Light Blue
- UTARC -- Orange
- NearSys -- White
- EOSRED -- Red
- EOSS -- Dark Blue
- NSTAR -- Orange
- ORB -- Yellow
- CNNSP -- Grey
Links and The Past
Near Space Links
- Near Space Ventures, Inc.
- Edge Of Space Sciences
- Nebraska Stratospheric Amateur Radio
- Oklahoma Research Balloons
- N Stich - K0NMS
- Near Space Systems
- Balloons Up Near Space
- Balloon Assisted Stratospheric Experiments
- Taylor High Altitude Research Program
- Central Nebraska Near Space Program